prop shaft length's

yella 90

after going accross boothys the other night and having a natter, he got me onto auto box's which then started me thinking <_<:rolleyes:

ive been lurking in the background for a whilst watching the auto vs man thread go on whilst trying to draw my own conclusion.

however, im going to give it a go.....i can always go back :lol:

main reasoning is, 1 i cannot for the life of me stop clutch's slipping in the 90 (200tdi )

ive tried everything apart from paddle

2 i like the control of the auto box and the smoothness of pull offs

now my main concern was lenght, but having had a measure up, it measures in the same as a r380 ??

, now in theory i can practically fit one straight in as i used to have a r380 in my 90, but i removed it to move the engine back :rolleyes:

question being behind this post, whats the min rear prop lenght ideally on a 90 ? as i dont want to move my engine forward again as its nice and tucked up at the front now ;)

would taking 4 inch's out of the rear prop make a huge difference ? or would it be ok ? within reason ?

dan

everything is adjusted to the book, the slave cyl has been shimmed out

flywheel skimmed

d44 clutch ( basically a 130 afink :lol: )

dont no what the engine is pumping out got big cooler, 300 turbo, different injectors and a few other odds n sods, but it just wont bite hot nor cold :rolleyes:

i dont think stock gearing helps it out with simex, thats what ive been putting it down too over the past 2 years :(

I always recomend customers to use stock length props if possible as if you brake one you can get a spare to keep you going,

if you are going to take 4 inch out of the rear prop it will make it quite short , the new defenders do suffer from this that is why

the gearbox is lower to reduce the angle and try to stop vibrations , i would move the engine forward and use 200 tdi props

as the front prop is longer than a 300 tdi and is beter for not having front prop vibrations

if you want any prop measurments give me a call 01938 810 298

the shorter the rear prop the less suspension drop you can have before it binds up

GWYN LEWIS

cheers for that gwyn,

the props ive got on already are 200 ones as its a box std 90 set-up just apart from the engine

what about meeting everything half way ? and just moving the engine abit and shortening the prop abit ? :blink::blink:

space is somewhat lacking at the front end because of the rad being moved in to accomodate a big intercooler and also a twin motor 82 ontop of that :(

If you fit a 300 tdi front prop on the back you could move the transfer box back by 35 mm - 40 mm, if that is not anough

they would have to be made to length, on the new pumas they have fitted the shorter prop on the back but the prop

does suffer as it is the back suspension that does all the work , this is the transfer box position that the new pumas have

used and that is why they had to drop the transfer box to help the problem , i think the 200 tdi position was the best

as props are nearly equal length

GWYN LEWIS

If you fit a 300 tdi front prop on the back you could move the transfer box back by 35 mm - 40 mm, if that is not anough

they would have to be made to length, on the new pumas they have fitted the shorter prop on the back but the prop

does suffer as it is the back suspension that does all the work , this is the transfer box position that the new pumas have

used and that is why they had to drop the transfer box to help the problem , i think the 200 tdi position was the best

as props are nearly equal length

GWYN LEWIS

cheers gwyn, looks asif im going to be leaving the set-up as is, as try to resolve my clutch problems :rolleyes:

im pretty sure that the rear prop would bind as ive got long travel suspention on my landy

that is unless you can make me a rubber propshaft :lol: