300tdi engine cover on a 200tdi engine ?

kingdong2

Hi guys

i have a s11a fitted with a disco 200tdi engine and was wondering can i fit a 300tdi engine cover onto a 200tdi engine there is no sound proofing in the landy and wondered is it worth fitting one or not ?

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

Hi Graham

I also have a series 2 landy with a 200 TDI engine in it .

I can confirm the rubber sound proof cover does fit as i have one fitted to my engine !!

Regarding the noise it does make a small difference not huge amount but enough to notice, i would definatly get one as it will kill a bit of noise and they look reallg good to !!!!

Hope this help Chris

I confirm that the 300 rubber cover fits as i fitted one on our 200 disco with no mods required.

Remove oil filler cap, drop cover on, refit oil filler cap, job done. :)

I'm planning this job and would really appreciate some photos of the cover.

What version of the tdi200 did you fit? I'm planning on fitting the disco version with the defender manifolds, as I've a LWB, and am very keen to minimise the noise as much as possible.

G.

I'm planning this job and would really appreciate some photos of the cover.

What version of the tdi200 did you fit? I'm planning on fitting the disco version with the defender manifolds, as I've a LWB, and am very keen to minimise the noise as much as possible.

G.

Hi gazzar

mine is a disco 200tdi engine but fitted in a swb i did wan't to go the defender way but found the defender manifolds too dear i was quoted at billing of between £300-500 so stayed with the disco manifolds instead but with a lwb you will either need the defender manifolds or i think you can fit 300tdi manifolds as the exhaust manifold is different to a disco 200tdi exhaust manifold ?

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

I've got the defender manifolds, not cheap, but I don't want to mess about too much.

I think I've seen pictures of the 300 tdi cover in some old magazines I was tidying up today and I don't think they'll fit the defender setup.

I will have to go the original plan of asphalt pads on the bonnet and bulkhead, with a Wright Offroad Mat in the cabin. I might also get some America Mat for the bonnet and the engine side of the bulkhead too.

G.