Solid to vented front disks

Boro

Im due to overhaul the front axle soon and will be replacing the front disks and pads whilst im at it, is there any point in upgrading from the current solid disks to vented disks at the same time? would i see much of an improvement? is it a case of having to replace the disks, pads and callipers or is there more to it?

Discs, pads and calipers should do it. As for benefits, no difference in 'sharpness', but they are distinctly less likely to fade on prolonged or repeated heavy braking - do you track-days or regularly drive down passes with an unbraked trailer perhaps? :rolleyes:

In normal usage there is no discernible difference in my opinion - in fact my 200tdi Disco on solids actually brakes better than my RRC 3.9 on venteds :ph34r: (although I am replacing the flexible hoses on the RRC in a bid to change that...)

HTH

Roger

Thanks, that settles that then, they stay as they are

If you replace the discs and pads and check that all the caliper pistons are working you will get very good brakes, mine are on my 94 300. As Threesheds says you won't get any noticeable improvement for normal day to day driving. Not worth the additional expense of changing to vented in my opinion.

Disco's generally have very good brakes.

hi, I found fitting stainless braided flexi brake hoses also helps, gives a harder feel to pedal as they dont swell like the old rubber ones, of course they look better in some of the flash colours now available. Try Llama racing ( David) .