EGR removal on Disco1 300tdi

PaulN

I have searched and read most of the topics relating to this but I am still not sure what to do with all the vacuum pipes and EGR solenoid.

Can anyone with patients please spell it out (Bit thicko this end).

I have....

1. Removed EGR and blanked

2. Replaced hose (Inter-cooler to Inlet Manifold)

3. Inlet manifold and Inter-cooler clean out - yet to do (when it's warmer!)

There is a vacuum pipe from air filter box to EGR solenoid

There is a vacuum pipe from brake servo to EGR solenoid

There is a vacuum pipe from EGR vavle assembly (now gone) to EGR solenoid

Questions:

A. Should all of these vacuum pipes be removed and all devices be blanked (makes sense)?

B. Should the EGR solenoid be left plugged in?

C. What to do with EGR valve plug?

D. Anything else to be done? (I'm sure I'm missing something)

Thanks in anticipation chaps

(Takes a long time to go in but once it's there it's there!)

The vacuum comes from the pump which also provides for your brake servo unit, i blanked off this hole as close to the vacuum pump as possible(so as not to effect the brakes) , When i did the same over a year ago, i disconnected the solenoid from the wriing loom but left the wires, all other parts related to the egr were just removed and the holes blanked with heavy tape wrapped over a plug in the end.

Yeah thanks Max - good point....

....but here's what I've done - what I thought was best at the time - can always re-do. (Would someone confirm?)

I have left all the vacuum pipes connected as they were (ie) to a still electrically connected EGR solenoid - Just safely blocked up the one that used to go to the EGR valve.

Everything therefore is as it was except there is now nothing to suck! :blink:

The 'Brain' is still happy too I would guess - wish mine was.... :unsure:

Any grownups?

The way you've done it is fine - you'll have no problems that way. I went further and binned the trigger block from the inner wing and all of the associated pipework blocking the remaining pipe to seal the vacuum circuit. I've had no problems with it and neither should you....................

The way you've done it is fine - you'll have no problems that way. I went further and binned the trigger block from the inner wing and all of the associated pipework blocking the remaining pipe to seal the vacuum circuit. I've had no problems with it and neither should you....................

Thanks for the re-assurance bud....appreciated.