Types of Competition

hoarebag

What are all the different types of competition that one might find on the AWDC etc sites?

For example:-

- Biggin Quarry, DE6 1QU, Derbeyshire (Promotional Event, SVT, Tyro Trial)

What are promotional events?

Tyro Trial?

Modified Trial?

SVT?

RTV?

AVT?

Safari?

Comp Safari (same?)?

Randonee ?

Challenge (winch i assume, are there others?)

ETC?

Thanks in advance.

A promotional event is a drive round with a course (or courses) marked out so as to be non-damaging to vehicles used as daily drivers. Once you have paid your entry fee you can drive as much as you like on the day

Tyro Trial - designed for newcomers and for drivers from the age of 14 years and up

Modified Trial - for highly modified vehicles with full MSA spec roll cage, fire extinguishers etc

SVT - Standard Vehicle Trial, designed to be non-damaging

RTV - Road Taxed Vehicles Trial (old class - no longer exists)

AVT - All Vehicles Trial - 3 Classes for different wheelbases, could be damaging

Safari/Comp Safari - High speed off road event - like rallying but rougher

Randonee - no 'kin idea

Challenge - errr, what can I say, men and machine against the toughest terrain, winches etc

ETC - Electronic Traction Control

Test complete - let me know how I score :blink:

What are all the different types of competition that one might find on the AWDC etc sites?

Tyro Trial?

Modified Trial?

SVT?

RTV?

AVT?

Safari?

Comp Safari (same?)?

Randonee ?

ETC?

Thanks in advance.

Tyro Trial?

Modified Trial?

SVT?

RTV?

AVT?

Safari?

Comp Safari (same?)?

Randonee ?

ETC?

Thanks in advance.

Blimey,

things have changed since I was a member!

I can't answer all of them, I went to the AWDC website to look, I then went to the AWDC Trials Forum which pointed me at the Documents page for the Regulations.

Guess what the regs dont explain either!!

As far as I can see the ones I know are:

Randonee - not sure but guess its based on the French Alps tye of driving event?

Promotional Events - every club is allowed a limited number of Driveround days where the general public is allowed even if their vehicle is not the right manufacturer (e.g. ALRC for Land Rover) to tempt new members.

Tyro Trial - 14 year old drivers.

Modified Trial - Specials built for Trialing only and therfore more dificult.

SVT - as far as I could see this is for Standard Vehicles Trial. The layout of each section used to be 10 gates where Modified and RTV could use the same sections. Now it seems that there are 15 gates and SVT are only allowed to use a limited number of the gates for safety.

RTV - Road Taxed Vehicle Trial (bizarely you used to have to bring all your valuable documents to prove it, not just a Tax Disk?).

AVT - couldn't find out about this though it looked like it includes vehicles with locker etc??

Safari, Comp Safari - Speed event with multiple laps of a circuit (used to be bumpy and off road now seems to be suitable for Rally Cars?).

This might help untill someone with full knowledge comes along?

Marc.

Cheers Guys.

Randonee - no 'kin idea

ETC - Electronic Traction Control

Test complete - let me know how I score :blink:

Those were the only ones i think i know.

Randonee - from the SCOR website - kind of greenlanes/treasurehunt thing with roadbooks i believe.

ETC - et cetera, a Latin expression meaning "and other things" or "and so on" :ph34r::lol:

Randonee - from the SCOR website - kind of greenlanes/treasurehunt thing with roadbooks i believe.

It is indeed. A 2 day event over the weekend of the 19/20th of September. This year is the 20th one and the organising team have promised to make it rather special......including a longer night section on Saturday night.

I won it 2 years back (course closing car last year) so it can't be all that tricky :)

<slight spam alert + thread hijack> :ph34r::P

Please also check out SCOR for RTVs and Comp Safaris in the south. PM if interested in either and I'll will point you in the right direction.

</slight spam alert + thread hijack>