Vibration at 50 mph

V8 90 JON

my brothers disco 2 with 114000 miles has developed a vibration..rear end 45-55 mph you can drive through it ,its more something resonating. so far have checked for loose heat sheilds ect but i think we need to find the cause rather than the symptom?? all bushes look good front prop is new rear is in good nick.. any thoughts please

oh its well looked after with hardly any off road abuse

Could be loads of things!

Is it just speed related or RPM related? See what revs you are at when it vibrates at 40mph, then try those same revs in a different gear. That'll differentiate between engine or axle rotation.

Also, try with the vehicle parked up and adding some revs. That'll find things like exhaust resonance etc.

my ast car had a wobble at 60mph it gradually got worse i checked all bushes and suspension parts everything was ok finally solved the wobble with new tyres was a case of one tyre had lost its balance weights and was wearing unevenly so may be worth checking tyres for wear and tear