Photo request of a ES please.

JJ7893

Hi all, as listed above Im trying to sort out the ABS and found a tutorial on the blinking diagnostic so decided to have a look for the plug. and all I found was everything was hanging off there holders twisted wires and alsorts..... tell you what have a look for yourself,

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

May I ask while you are looking at the pictures can you tell me what is this and why is it not connected? Is it important?

DSC_0047.jpg

As some will know I have a running problem, could the loom got wet and play gremlins on the lot? From above the relay I found out the hinge got ripped out leave a huge hole, so water and rain was getting in. Having found water dripping from the relays and connections. So have welded the hole back up yesterday and the hinge welded back in so now it sealed and tested with todays rain it stopped leaking for now.

I would like to ask if anyone who has a ES model the earlier the better but to be honest I dont think it makes any difference, If you can take a picture of the relays and other things bit like my photos please it so I know where there are ment to be and hope to find the plug I need to find to carry out the ABS diagnosis.

Thanks .....JJ

If the relays are all plugged in then it doesn't matter too much where they live apart from identifying them in the future.

If they all got wet then I would work my way through them unplugging, cleaning and applying Vasaline so you at least know you are not suffering corrosion and bad contact issues.

Reference your un-connected socket. It is not uncommon to have some not used as the loom is designed for all the add on options some of which may not have been used on your car. I found sockets on my RRC that do not appear on any version of circuit diagram I have ever found for the year.

Sorry, can't help with finding the diagnostic socket.

Steve

Is it a Range Rover or a Disco? Asking for "ES" makes me think Disco?

If so, I can't help, sorry.

If it is a Range Rover Classic then the blink test diagnostic plug is under the passenger seat (RHD vehicle). Just remove the access grille in the seatbase and it will be right there in front of you.

Is it a Range Rover or a Disco? Asking for "ES" makes me think Disco?

If so, I can't help, sorry.

If it is a Range Rover Classic then the blink test diagnostic plug is under the passenger seat (RHD vehicle). Just remove the access grille in the seatbase and it will be right there in front of you.

Its a disco sorry, I tried looking for it this morning (diagnostic plug) and found one white plug but it not that one still looking. also could anyone tell me what plug/relay is the ABS light please.

......JJ

Its a disco sorry, I tried looking for it this morning (diagnostic plug) and found one white plug but it not that one still looking. also could anyone tell me what plug/relay is the ABS light please.

......JJ

The ABS diagnostic plug on an early 300 is blue and is located next to the fuse panel below the steering wheel. It can sometimes hide behind the fuse panel.

The ABS diagnostic plug on an early 300 is blue and is located next to the fuse panel below the steering wheel. It can sometimes hide behind the fuse panel.

That looks like similar to the diagnostic socket that fits in the black panel above the pedals

photo368.jpg

That looks like similar to the diagnostic socket that fits in the black panel above the pedals

photo368.jpg

The ABS diagnostic socket is 5 pin blue on "most" models up to the end of 95. After that date the diagnostic function was accessed thro the 16 pin socket below the glove compartment.

Don't forget LR make it up as they go along depending on the day of the week, I understand "some"

5 pin blue sockets ended up below the glove compartment.

Happy hunting.

I found the plug, It was under the steering wheel so thanks for your help on that.

Went out for a test drive pumped up the brakes then drove to 5mph and the light went out till I pressed the brake again and it came on but had no brakes, So to me there is no pressure. But I had a look at the N/S/F wheel as the hub it was wet, Took the wheel off and found out the brake pipe had rusted to nothing! and as so as I touched it, it fell off! so working on replacing the pipe but there is no union on the caliper side (rusted to nothing!) so having a job getting it off!! off to a workshop somewhere tomorrow I guess! ....JJ