Top speed

I have a 200 tdi with the same tyres 235/85/16 i also have that problem although i have been told the disco transfer box i have (1.222) is geared too low with the tyres i have will sit all day at 60mph but hit a hill i have to drop it into 4th gear and rev its nuts off to get up the hill once on a stright back into 5th and seems ok but i rarely get the thing over 70mph on motorway too bloody noisy i go deaf after half hour of that i think i may have a similar problem but i have been told its the gearing

wozzer

Has anyone mentioned the lift pump in this thread? I changed mine because of similar symptoms and the landy is back to normal now. Cheap and easy to do.

edit - just had a quick read and see that Jimmy mentioned it - still think this is worth a look though. Mine will get up to 90 now at a push with the OD engaged or in 5th w/o OD. Before i changed the lift pump, it would struggle to hold 70/75. What is more - on removal of the old lift pump, it would still pump diesel, but it still cant have been working properly because of the improvement with the new pump.

I have a 200 tdi with the same tyres 235/85/16 i also have that problem although i have been told the disco transfer box i have (1.222) is geared too low with the tyres i have will sit all day at 60mph but hit a hill i have to drop it into 4th gear and rev its nuts off to get up the hill once on a stright back into 5th and seems ok but i rarely get the thing over 70mph on motorway too bloody noisy i go deaf after half hour of that i think i may have a similar problem but i have been told its the gearing

wozzer

I've got a 1.2 transfer box on my 200tdi. It increases the gearing by about 15% so it may need dropping a cog when going up hill or just sit at a higher speed and its ok :D . To run this ratio transfer box you so need a boost and pump tweek to get the best out of it.