how much should i sell for?????????

Stroppy Cow

Look at auto trader and ebay to see where the market is at.

However, Land Rovers are so individual that even then you may need to put a higher / lower price on it.

see wot you mean will do some more research....just that ive already been on the trader and the bay and prices are varied a lot...

IMHO Whilst its true that the Defender range has a slower than average depreciation than other 4x4s or cars, a quick check on ebay completed listings seems to show that the prices people have them listed at are just not meeting the reserve.

It seems to me that this is not a good time to be selling if your looking to get a 'reasonable return'.....

As to your question about MOT, I have been selling Land Rover Defenders for a few years now, and I make sure that EVERY thing on the vehicle works, and it has a full (or close) MOT and at least 6 months tax. It is a buyers market at the moment, and there is plenty of Defender stock out there for buyers to pass on and choose.

You need to make your vehicle stand out in what ever form you chose to list it on, that means fantastic pictures and something to attract your buyer in, then when they come to see the vehicle it needs to be better than the description.

An alternative approach is to 'cut your losses' and sell it as it is on Ebay with no reserve, that way in a week it will be gone...