winch power supply probblem

ok i got a superwinch s9000 but its 24v not complaining i got it cheap but how best is it to hunk it up

my defender is 12v so my options are to put two battery mounted in the back (moving the main battery from the front) then connecting the winch up to the two and then have a switch connected to a series link between the battery which mean i can flick a switch and make the circite 24v but this may blow my other electrics

next option is to mount 2 batterys in the back but this time keeping the main battery in the battery box so three in total and have a set of switches to disconect the front battery form the two in the back and as above to turn on the series connection a bit complicated but means the hole thing is controled by switches

third option is to use crocdile clips and a switch set up 3 bty as above switch to disconect front btyto rear and then have a series connection on croc clips to put on when i need to use the winch and then have a pump lead type set up to power the winch

or is there an easyer way

any help much needed

cheers shane

AS above fit a 12v motor

or if you do want 24v then fit two batteries in series and fit a 24v alternator. Then wire new batteries up to 24v alternator, keeping your 24v winch circuit totally isolated from 12v vehicle circuit.

this is the simplest and most effective way to power 24v winches.

Cheers

Steve

AS above fit a 12v motor

or if you do want 24v then fit two batteries in series and fit a 24v alternator. Then wire new batteries up to 24v alternator, keeping your 24v winch circuit totally isolated from 12v vehicle circuit.

this is the simplest and most effective way to power 24v winches.

Cheers

Steve

how easy is it to fit a secound alternator ?? to a 3.5 rr engine