Rear wiper.

Have decided that I am in need of a rear wash wipe on the landy, question is, are the wires there somwhere already or do I have to run new wires from the dash? Also I am presuming that I will need to fit another bottle for the water, from memory when I had the wash bottle out b4 there was no place for a second pump in that tank, another bottle at the back door would be easy to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Some idea of the age of vehicle would help. I honestly don't know whether the wires are there or not but it probably varies by vehicle age.

Older 1980s vehicles have a bag inside the rear door for the screen wash but newer ones have twin pumps in the main tank, you could do either depending on what is easiest.

Some idea of the age of vehicle would help. I honestly don't know whether the wires are there or not but it probably varies by vehicle age.

Older 1980s vehicles have a bag inside the rear door for the screen wash but newer ones have twin pumps in the main tank, you could do either depending on what is easiest.

its a 99 td5, would I need a relay switch as well?

Have decided that I am in need of a rear wash wipe on the landy, question is, are the wires there somwhere already or do I have to run new wires from the dash? Also I am presuming that I will need to fit another bottle for the water, from memory when I had the wash bottle out b4 there was no place for a second pump in that tank, another bottle at the back door would be easy to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Big G

Here is a 2 pic taken of the rear of my 300 tdi 95 plate 110 rear wash/wipe switch. The way they are connected work

black/light green = Washer

green = Earth

red/light green = Wiper motor I think

brown/light green = wiper return I think

hope this helps

Kevin

post-15630-1237651817_thumb.jpg

post-15630-1237651832_thumb.jpg

Td5's are completly different if your behicle has the later centre dash panel

the wiring maybe already fitted, on the dash behind one of the switch blanks & in the rear right corner of the body. if it's not there you'll need to add wiring to connect the parts & fit a motor/arm/blade to the rear door.