Rear wash / wipe button

OK

I have today started installing my new Mud Dash Console.

I have a little problem with the Rear wash / wipe button. I want to replace it for one of the Carling switches I have (the 'Off, On, On') The wires connecting into the back of the switch are confusing me a little and how to connect them up to the Carling switch. I have a twin Green wire, which is the live from the ignition, a Green and Black wire, which is the washer pump, and two other wires (sorry can't remember the colour) which are both for the wiper.

How do I connect these up to the Carling switch?

I obviously need a live feed for both the washer and wiper part of the switch, and the washer wire will go to the other part of one of these switch parts. But that leaves me with two wires both for the wiper. Can I just connect these together and put them as the feed for the wiper motor or will this cause me problems.

Thankyou's in advance! :P

Thanks guys

After a bit of messing around and trying a few things and consulting the Haynes (book of lies) I have worked it out and all is now working fine.

Any chance you could take a picture of how you wired it up as I am planning on doing the same.

Is the final "on" momentary?

I just used one of the off-on-on switches, as I hate having to hold the washer on, especially when I am driving.

I don't have any photo's I'm afraid, but this is what I did.

wired the Light Green/Black to the feed for the '2nd on' switch for the washer.

I ended up joining the remaining Red/Light Green and Brown/Light Green together and wiring them into the feed for the '1st on' of the switch for the wiper. One of these is the 'park' function wire but mine would not work if both wires were not connected.

The strange bit is, the twin green wire from the ignition feed you obviously need to separate these two wires to give you a live feed to each 'on' part of the switch, it makes a difference which way round you wire these, do it the wrong way and the wiper doesn't work but the washer does, you will just have to lake a leap and decide which one goes where, try it and if it doesn't work swap them around.

The one thing that doesn't work entirely properly, but doesn't bother me is, when you switch your switch off, where ever the wiper is when you do that, it will just stop an not return to the base of the windscreen, but all you need to do, is just turn it off when it gets down to the bottom. Not perfect I know, but I'm happy with it for now.

The only way round the last bit, as far as I can tell, is, to either wire your washer and wiper separately, in which case you need an on-on switch for the wiper or see if you can get an 'on-on-on' or 'on-on-mom' switch from Carling Switches, because technically the park part of the wipe action needs it's own live feed for it to return on it's own.

I just used one of the off-on-on switches, as I hate having to hold the washer on, especially when I am driving.

I don't have any photo's I'm afraid, but this is what I did.

The only way round the last bit, as far as I can tell, is, to either wire your washer and wiper separately, in which case you need an on-on switch for the wiper or see if you can get an 'on-on-on' or 'on-on-mom' switch from Carling Switches, because technically the park part of the wipe action needs it's own live feed for it to return on it's own.

Thanks,

My rotary switch doesn't seem to park my wiper anyway, it just stops wherever I switch it off. I have just got used to it that way!