Water leak

robby71

Well i picked up my 2006 freelander today and as soon as i got it home gave it a wash ready for a proper polish this weekend

After the wash i opened the rear door (3 door model with hard-top) to find it damp in the cubby hole and wet on the carpet :angry: this happened on a previous FL i had (98model) - do they still suffer from the rear door seals or is there something else?

Flipping annoyed a 4x4 isn't waterproof

It's stuill under manuf warranty till september so i guess they'll fix the problem even though i didn't buy the car from them?

You need to drill a hole in the bottom of the cubby box to let it run out. Trying to stop a Land Rover leaking is like herding cats.

so if i take it to the dealers for a new seal that wont be 100% perfect?

Does everyone else drill ahole in the floor?

:blink: I thought I could stop the leaking... :hysterical::rofl:

Mine is a 5-door, but anyway I think I want to mention that I did have a problem with moisture in the "toolbox" as long as I had a rubber mat seated on the trunk floor (sorry for my English, I hope you understand). So I have removed the rubbermat - and the problem disappeared. My point is: sometimes, condensation is also present, so humidity must be let out somehow...