V8 3.9 EFI high revs and stals

DivParts

Hi Guys, (sorry for my dutch)

I've got a 3.9L EFI v8 built in my 90. He runs but the idle speed is high and somtimes to many he stals.He also smels to ritch. We are using him as chalenge car and I hate it every time more when he stals grrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry: .

Sounds like your idle stepper valve is sticky, remove it & clean it.

If it still does not work, look in the technical archive for Hotwire EFI fault finding / troubleshooting guide and work through every step, post information of any strange results here so people can help you.

If it still does not work, look in the technical archive for Hotwire EFI fault finding / troubleshooting guide and work through every step, post information of any strange results here so people can help you.

Tanks fridge,

Stepper valve eh I will try that tomorow frist thing. :lol:

You mean I think the "fast idle stepper"? :unsure:

Could be - what is the actual idle speed? With stepper probs - in my experience - the idle seems to stick at 1700+ revs and can sometimes be brought down by blipping the throttle.

What he said /\ /\ :)

It might also be worth carefully examining all vacuum pipes and hoses. Mine has recently split a couple of vacuum pipes (advance/retard pipe and the one to the heater controls on my RRC) and in both cases the symptoms were running rich and an idle speed of 1100rpm.

HTH

Rog

p.s. I wish my Dutch was as goed as your English! ;)

Thanks Guys,

Yes when I start the engine he revs like 800 rpm or so then he revs up in two steps till a 1500 rpm in a 30 sec.. When I give the trotel a thiny blip then he revs down and come's up again in a matter of seconds.

I checked before I post this all the electro stuff on the sensors like wire's and resistants of the goodies the where oke. So I tink it sould be some mechanical thing like the sticky stepper (nice name for a movie "the sticky stepper" :P ) but what does stick in this thing, the valve on the bottom or the axle on the valve?