Paint code / EKA code ??????????????

FOS1

I went to my local Land Rover dealer to get the paint code and EKA code. I gave them the log book for the VIN number. They put it into their computer and told me that there was no information at all for this car. Yes its there on the computer but it only tells them thats its a 200 tdi discovery? Where do i go from here????????any help - Thanks guys

post-14709-1238679144_thumb.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Unless the headlights have been changed it looks more like a 300Tdi Discovery to me :unsure:

A 200Tdi won't have an EKA code as AFAIK this is only on 1996 onwards vehicles which would be a 300Tdi.

The paint code should be on the VIN plate as a 3 digit number, the paint code will be LRCxxx where xxx is the number on the plate.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Unless the headlights have been changed it looks more like a 300Tdi Discovery to me :unsure:

A 200Tdi won't have an EKA code as AFAIK this is only on 1996 onwards vehicles which would be a 300Tdi.

The paint code should be on the VIN plate as a 3 digit number, the paint code will be LRCxxx where xxx is the number on the plate.

Thanks bogmonster it is a 200 with the 300 lights and grill on it. There is no paint code on the plate under the bonnet on the slam pannel. Where is says colour its just blank ?? If there is no EKA code do you know how to by pass the immobiliser as its becoming a real pain in the backside. Sometimes it will turn of and let me start it and sometimes it will just immobilise the starter??

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance.

post-14709-1238681463_thumb.jpg

I guess an auto sparky could sort the immobiliser on a 200 with little difficulty as all it needs is 12V to the starter and the pump for the engine to go so it should be fairly easy to get rid of with a sharp pair of wire cutters!

Land Rover's online vehicle info systems only go back to mid/late 90s however if you can get your dealer to contact "Land Rover Traceability" they should have colour codes, serial numbers for VIN, engine, axles, gearboxes and just about anything else you might want. I got an engine number for a vehicle built in the mid 80s a while back with no problem at all :)