zf wiring?

Gremlin

Hi All

Can somebody please tell me the colour codes and what they point to on the zf auto? Its a 4 wire thingy at the side of the box. Trying to mate a zf and v8 into a diesel wired landy so i need to see what goes where, and to what...........

Oh and does anybody know how the wiring of the inhibit circuit should be? maybe a simple diagram?? As i have the rangie electrical manual but i just cannot make heads or tails of the stupid diagram! :(

Cheers

Grem

Hi All

Can somebody please tell me the colour codes and what they point to on the zf auto? Its a 4 wire thingy at the side of the box. Trying to mate a zf and v8 into a diesel wired landy so i need to see what goes where, and to what...........

Oh and does anybody know how the wiring of the inhibit circuit should be? maybe a simple diagram?? As i have the rangie electrical manual but i just cannot make heads or tails of the stupid diagram! :(

Cheers

Grem

The wiring at the front to the side is for the reversing lights I could only work it out by trial and error.

I did two conversion but never found any wiring from the engine to the box.

Four wires, two for reverse light switch, two for park inhibit switch.

Can't remember colour codes. IIRC the colours are in obvious pairs. Worked mine out with use of a multimeter. Stick it in reverse and find the pair that are connected, other pair should be park inhibit switch, put it in park/neutral and check with multimeter.

I put the park inhibit switch inline between the ignition switch and the starter relay.

Hi All

Cheers

Grem

The Black wire is from earth (remove this from the starter relay and make conection), and the Black orange Wire is to go earth on starter relay(replace the wire you have taken off), other 2 are for reverse.

Peter