8274 Better Than A 8274.50?

Bobtail-Jay

Hi

Just brought My Self a 8274.50, And Have Heard the 8274 Is Better Than The 8274.50 So Would Like To Know If Its True If so Why?

What Does The 50 Bit Stand For?

And As Its My First 8274 i Would Like Any Info On Things That Might Go Wrong And Things Ive Got To watch Out For ???

Many Thanks Jay.

Guest noggy
Hi

Just brought My Self a 8274.50, And Have Heard the 8274 Is Better Than The 8274.50 So Would Like To Know If Its True If so Why?

What Does The 50 Bit Stand For?

And As Its My First 8274 i Would Like Any Info On Things That Might Go Wrong And Things Ive Got To watch Out For ???

Many Thanks Jay.

Why do you put a capital letter at the start of almost every word?

Ermmmmmm Because It Looks Better And Thats How I Type Ok

And If You Have A Problem With How I Type Pm Me In Future

Jay.

easy, it was only a question if it annoys then ignore it.

the 8274-50 had a 4.6hp motor as std the others had 2hp (?) IIRC.

i would use it as it is, dont touch or play around with it and it will be fine. Most people who seem to have problems (myself included) come from mucking about with it, ie i replaced the brake pads for HD ones then struggled with keeping the circlips on. so much so (even using new ones etc) that in the end i got an uprated shaft and then it just goes on and on from there.

so keep it std dont play about with it just use it.

The other reason it's probably better is that it'll be newer so should be in better condition. I would agree with James about mucking about with it - mine old 8274 had an Xp motor and oil changed every event (casing had filler and drain plugs). It never came off the vehicle and it never let me down. It may by now need brake pads so you might as well get some of Gwyn's / Gigglepin's. However, people do tend to start having problems with the brake retainer circlip even if they fit them correctly so it's probably worth doing Gwyn's mod (costs virtually nothing) or, if you're feeling flush, getting a Gigglepin mainshaft.