Hidden Diff lock D2 ?

Tear it up

I was reading LRO recently, there was an article in there about some Discovery 2's having a hidden diff lock. Have checked mine and I have the threaded bar sticking out the front part of the transfer box. Has anyone installed the diff lock on the D2's and if so what parts would I need and is it an easy conversion?

Thanks guys. So it looks like I might have to give them a call and find out about just the cable. I take it from the tech part at the bottom that I have to put a switch in to disable the traction control if I engage the centre diff or am I being a doughnut and reading it wrong lol?

From the factory the traction control is set to disable when the difflock is in, triggered by the feed to the difflock warning light. Presumably you need the switch to break the feed from warning light to ECU.

Ideally you want to have traction control and locked centre diff - that gives awesome traction not too far off lockers. But landrover thought otherwise...

If you want to be a proper cheap skate / cowboy you can just turn the threaded rod with a spanner to put the difflock in. To keep the traction control enabled turn off the ignition, un-plug the difflock sensor wire, put the difflock in with said spanner, turn the ignition back on. To come out of difflock just reverse the procedure.

Not exactly a neat or easy process, but it works and its cheap!