Engine History?

Hi all,

just wondered if anyone knows of any 'database' that may exist so that I can tie my 200Tdi transplant to a year of manufacture. That way I can put a rough mileage on it - although the block has a stamp saying 'recon unit' under the number, so I don't know how useful any information would be anyway.

Regards,

Dave.

Doubt any database with that info exist, my 200Tdi has a last 3 digits of less than 780 & was fitted in 1994 so probaly bulit during late 1993 or early '94.

might be worth calling Turner Engineering as it maybe one of their remanufactured units.

Hi I went to my main dealer,gave them my chassis number and they gave me a printout of the history of my vehicle. It included the dates of dispatch from the factory,where it went from there and when it was first registered by the dealer. It also had the engine number of the unit that it left the factory with.

Might be useful

Max