v8 defender insurance?

hammoj28

Just thought Id ask some advice, I recently converted my defender to 3.9 v8 and was wondering about insurers?

Im 21.

Im waiting for tomorro to call adrian flux or HIC as they are closed today.

Any input on who I should try?

Thanks.

James

Just thought Id ask some advice, I recently converted my defender to 3.9 v8 and was wondering about insurers?

Im 21.

Im waiting for tomorro to call adrian flux or HIC as they are closed today.

Any input on who I should try?

Thanks.

James

I'm 26, but have only one years no-claims due to being an idiot and bumping someone at a roundabout the year before last. I am paying about £460 for 3rd party fire and theft with the ability to drive anyone else car 3rd party with their permission. Thats on a B-Reg ragtop 90 with a 3.5. Only went up about £100 over the price i was paying for the 4 cylinder when i fitted the v8.

If you talk to Flux, they give discounts for club memberships and also i think if you are a member of an internet forum related to your vehicle. I use the club member discount thing, but don't know what you need to prove if you are a forum member. Might be worth checking out....

I'd second the club membership thing, we get quite a few people joining our club just for the insurance discount, it's a bit annoying in some ways (from a club perspective) but when insurers are offering 15% or more discounts for club members and membership costs £15 it's worth joining a club if you pay anything over £200 for your insurance.

The clubs do, of course, benefit financially although I'd prefer members who took part in club events but at least they subsidise some of our events and activities.

Hmmm, club membership you say. Hahaha, nah seriously I was thinking of joining a club. Thank for the heads up though. 15% is quite a large discount for insurance at my age.

Iv had quite a good quote Off of HSBC but Im reckoning they are going to someone like flux. Will see what I can get tomorro.

I have 0 no claims bonus unfortunately but oh well.