Rover V8

jcwcooper

Ive had a 3.5 RV8 which was on carbs sat in my garage for the last 6 months now and it keeps winking at me too rebuild it, Ive pulled what i have got apart as it was running extremely rough before it was taken out and had a transplant.

When i say running rough it was smoking dreadfully, eating oil and blowing it out the exhaust and it was well well down on power and also had low oil pressure. However no Overheating whatsoever

Most of that points out to me as the piston rings?

I have had a good read through RPi engineeings web site and seen other piccys of gunked up engines and this one is no exception.

Pictures:

rv1.jpg

rv2.jpg

rv3.jpg

rv4.jpg

rv5.jpg

I havent got the complete engine, so is it worth rebuilding or not, I was thinking along the lines of EFi......Possibly megasquirt or back on carbs with megajolt Torque max cam obviously new piston rings. Or am I being a optimistic and the engine is knakered.

I have got

3.5 Block

Heads

EFi rocker covers

Oil filter housing

Cam

Rocker shafts

Alternator

So it would need

Inlet manifold

Exhaust manifolds

Water pump and Viscous fan

Flywheel

Carbs/Efi set up

Cheers

Dave.

You will spend way too much getting that going again. It would only be worth doing if that was the right engine number for the 2 door Classic you were returning the showroom.

There are plenty of others around. There were a couple in the classified the other day.

Steve

Guest noggy

im a poor poor student as you will see when you see my battered old 90!

if i could afford one, i would!

plus diesel is more my thing :ph34r: