land rovers uk ltd

hobson

I'm a newbie to the site having not had a landy for a while unfortunately! but i'm looking at getting another soon and have seen a company called land rovers uk ltd in somerset, i'd never heard of them but from the site they have a few nice looking landys and a decent workshop.

so has anyone had any direct experience with them? i don't want to hear the "my mates cousins aunt dealt with them..." thing though, only directly.

any helps appreciated

thanks

Yes,

dealt with them personnally and would have no problem recommending them. Andy (the owner) is one of life's genuine blokes, and having had a good look around the vehicles they had there at the time, all were well put together.

Give them a shout - and give Andy my best if you do.

Matt

Yes,

dealt with them personnally and would have no problem recommending them. Andy (the owner) is one of life's genuine blokes, and having had a good look around the vehicles they had there at the time, all were well put together.

Give them a shout - and give Andy my best if you do.

Matt

if you knew what matt knows and does then that would be a good endorsement

thanks for the input everyone, the only bad post i've seen was this one, on another, not-so-good forum:

"I had a bad experience with them. Had a V8 fitted when i was living in Birmingham. Had to travel back down twice to get it running even remotely correct. 1 year on and i have had to replace almost everything going for a rebuild in June. They also fitted the wrong fan (to small) which was not working. When i asked them why my heater was reading hot they told me there was a difference between disco and defender. So they changed the gauge for an electric type which was unecessary. They also left many bolts out of parts and my prop shaft was put on the wrong way. They also fitting an air filter box with no air filter in it :fire:.

I left my landrover with them for a total of 8 weeks and still when i got down there they seemed to have just started the jobs.

I would avoid like the plague they sound as though they know what they are doing but in practice they don't.

Rich"

anyone got any idea how accurate this is?