Vehicle transporters

bobed90

Thanks for all the replies. For now it looks like im going to have to go the trailer route. Hopefully next year i will go for the lgv test and maybe get 7.5 tonner.

Really like the bus idea. That would do everything i would want. What test is required to drive it? I could stick a landy in the back and all the spares and tow another behind it.

Thanks Jason

We use a crew cab 7.5 tonne Iveco beavertail. We went for a beavertail because the slide/tilt bed do not have as much payload.

We can take two trucks at a time and loads of spares, luckily we never need the spares because Land Rovers never break down............do they!.

post-978-1244669522_thumb.jpg

True, but a 7.5 tonner weighs 3t unladen, land rover 2t and a caravan 2t (laden). Adding this up still gives 1.25t margin.

And if you were pulled with that combination on an old licence that states C 1+E totaling 8250kg you would be done for exceeding your vehicle licence entitlements. Vosa or Plod would not be interested in the fact your sat at 7 tonne as the gross weight on the manufacturers plate of the wagon is 7500kg and 2000kg on the caravan. Authorities are only interested in plated weights for licence requirements.