Service - that is with a capital S

About 18 months ago I purchased a second hand MM hydraulic winch that had seen some action on some other 4X4.

A few months back I discovered that one of the O rings was missing and as a result water had ingressed the gearing and messed it up - rust and gunk etc. An afternoon with a pressure washer and paraffin soon had it all nice and clean but as we have no MM agent here in Israel I had trouble locating a new O ring.

A couple of weeks back I sent an e-mail to the MM guys in the US asking them where I might purchase the much needed part on line. A few hours later I recieved a reply asking me to confirm my postal address as the manufacturer would post me the O ring free of charge.

Today a complete set of MM O rings turned up in the mail - sent by air mail from the US to here - the stamps alone cost 4 $US.

I do not know any other company that will provide free after sales service, including parts, to a person (not an original and registered customer) that purchased a secondhand 8 year old winch.

I AM IMPRESSED !! :D:D Mile Marker is a great product and so to are their customer relations.

Adam

wll i brought an OZTENT RV at LRO last year and have only just noticed that there is a bit missing.

phoned the company up and told them about it, thought they would send the missing bit.... no they are sending a brand new replacement tent instead!!!

no hassle no arugement very appologetic .... my kind of company.

Now LR and my corrosion problem........ I AM STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER!!

Must admit I have spoken (well emailed anyway) to MM in the states before and they have been very helpful. Unlike the UK distributor. I am trying to get a PTO and Hydraulic pump for my MM. So, I emailed the UK supplier (since he supplied Julian (Lara) with one) and the first question asked was " Who did you buy it from". What that has to do with anything I don't know. He now wants measurements of the winch motor as well as detauils of what I got when I purchased it and I still have no idea of price etc. I told him I purchased it from someone on the LR Forums secondhand as I don't see why he needs to know who I brought my winch from. If he reads this then no doubt I won't get any further info or prices.

Ivan

Must admit I have spoken (well emailed anyway) to MM in the states before and they have been very helpful. Unlike the UK distributor. I am trying to get a PTO and Hydraulic pump for my MM. So, I emailed the UK supplier (since he supplied Julian (Lara) with one) and the first question asked was " Who did you buy it from". What that has to do with anything I don't know. He now wants measurements of the winch motor as well as detauils of what I got when I purchased it and I still have no idea of price etc. I told him I purchased it from someone on the LR Forums secondhand as I don't see why he needs to know who I brought my winch from. If he reads this then no doubt I won't get any further info or prices.

Ivan

He would need to know what cc motor you had on before he supplied you with a pump

Alans a funny bugger but once you get past that Ive never had a problem with him, ring him at stupid o'clock and he's always helped out

Job done. Took the winch off and replaced both of the large O rings on the ends of the drum and it seems to have gone OK (apart from the fact that the winch would not work when I started the job but I soon found the problem which was the +tive wire from the battery to the microswitches).

re. the PTO pump for hydraulic winches - I contacted an Australian company when I thought about adding one but found the price abit high to swallow so stuck with the standard PAS pump which is slow but fine for what I need.

Adam