90 degree gonnectors for brake pipes

looking for brake connectors with a 90 degree bend that screw into a defender rear caliper. idea is to route the rear brake hose directly from the caliper out of harms way to the top of the axle. the rest of the pipe has already been relocated there, just looking for the last piece. anyone knows where to get connectors like that?

cheers

spec

looking for brake connectors with a 90 degree bend that screw into a defender rear caliper. idea is to route the rear brake hose directly from the caliper out of harms way to the top of the axle. the rest of the pipe has already been relocated there, just looking for the last piece. anyone knows where to get connectors like that?

cheers

spec

Having bow read the post and thus seen the application I would suggest the easiest is have a pair of stainless hoses off me with a straight one end and a 90 the other to go all the way from the caliper to the T.

With your forum discount and inc vat and P&P that would be £ 31.35

Otherwise if you really want to go across the axle in steel / copper then use some banjo adaptors and bolts that would come off the caliper at 90' and allow you to screww an ordinary female tube nut onto the end of them - these would be 3/8"unf though not M10x1 when you are buying the tube nuts before flaring the pipe

David

Having bow read the post and thus seen the application I would suggest the easiest is have a pair of stainless hoses off me with a straight one end and a 90 the other to go all the way from the caliper to the T.

With your forum discount and inc vat and P&P that would be £ 31.35

Otherwise if you really want to go across the axle in steel / copper then use some banjo adaptors and bolts that would come off the caliper at 90' and allow you to screww an ordinary female tube nut onto the end of them - these would be 3/8"unf though not M10x1 when you are buying the tube nuts before flaring the pipe

David

david - thanks for your answer and email.

we have stainless hose from the t all the way to the end of the axle. for protection, the stainless sits in a u shaped profile on top of the axle. we need the last bit, standard connection to a stainless and then 90 degree to a calliper. we prefer to not use one long special hose so that we can replace using standard LR hoses in case of failure. will have exact measurements tommorrrow.

still wondering whether 90 degree bend or banjo ist the better choice. how does the 90 degree connector to stainless look like. is it a tube nut with a bent tube or a solid 90 degree connector. would prefer not to have copper tube if at all possible.

cheers

david - thanks for your answer and email.

we have stainless hose from the t all the way to the end of the axle. for protection, the stainless sits in a u shaped profile on top of the axle. we need the last bit, standard connection to a stainless and then 90 degree to a calliper. we prefer to not use one long special hose so that we can replace using standard LR hoses in case of failure. will have exact measurements tommorrrow.

still wondering whether 90 degree bend or banjo ist the better choice. how does the 90 degree connector to stainless look like. is it a tube nut with a bent tube or a solid 90 degree connector. would prefer not to have copper tube if at all possible.

cheers

The 90' swivel male is like a tube nut on a piece of bent pipe that has a tail that is designed to crimp directly into the stainless braid hose....

If you want to run in hardline rather than a stainless braid then I would go for a banjo adaptor into the caliper that secures with a banjo bolt and leaves a male thread at 90' to the bolt that a normal unf female yube nut would flare onto hardline and screw onto the fitting....

If you go with a braided hose from caliper to T you will still be able to remove it and use a std LR part to get you out of the poo should you damage it so I still think this would be the easiest way to do the job

David

hi david,

do you have a picture of the 90 degree connector? the one that will screw into the calliper and connect to a braided hose pn the other? cheers spec

Only a generic catalogue picture rahther than taking a real one but it shows what I'm on about.... the male tube nut swivels on the tube and the tail end crimps into the stainless steel braided hose. The pic shows a concave seat which is wrong for a LR caliper but again you get an idea of what the fitting is all about....

Now if someone can remind me how to put a picture up then I will proceed!!!! :lol::lol:

I will email it over to you anyway

David