Swivel Grease - SAE / EP Rating

Evening all

Quick question - anyone know the equivalent SAE / EP rating of one shot swivel grease...?

Been asked if its suitable for a marine transfer box as a one shot solution

Cheers

Pete

Texaco EP00 from Td5 workshop manual lubricants specs.

Cheers !

Anyone know what the thickest oil is available before we get to grease...?? EP250..?

Thanks

Pete

We had a drum of Alpha SP320 at work which was a (very) heavy gear oil for ship stern tubes etc.

The marine gearboxes we have at work mostly use between EP90 and engine oil - what is it in? Grease seems a bit drastic to me!

The NLGI 00 grade is the second lightest grease grade.

I had the specs somewhere, probably in my old computer, One Shot was a pretty average Li soap + mineral oil + 3% MoS2 grease.

Interesting info on grease grades

"NLGI Grades 000 to 1 are used in application requirings low viscous friction. Examples include enclosed gear drives operating at low speeds and open gearing. Grades 0, 1 and 2 are used in highly loaded gearing. Grades 1 through 4 are often used in rolling contact bearings where grade 2 is the most common.

Grease Consistency — Lower numbers are softer and flow better, while higher numbers are firmer, tend to stay in place, and are a good choice when leakage is a concern. The table above compares the most common NLGI grades with household products that have similar consistencies."

from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLGI_Grade