Gas conversion problems

rockyrock

hi all

I have a 94 discovery v8 3.9 es. I aquired it recently and it failed the mot on emissions, it was running really rich. I found that the problem was the hose between the air flow meter and the plenum. The end had been hacked off and there was no seal. After buying a new hose i found that the reason the old one had been hacked was because of the gas conversion. Between the hose and plenum a collar has been added ( i believe it contains a venturi for the lpg to mix with the air) this collar makes the hose too long so when connected the hose is severely kinked. does anyone know of a after market hose that will fit correctly or any other solution.

Thanks in advance

This is a common problem with venturi type LPG systems,I've never seen a shorter hose,most either get forced on and kink,or they get trimmed.Its not easy to move the airbox/AFM either.Seems you are on your own with a solution.

My LPG setup was like this, although I didn't seem to have the problem described.

Actually the solution I adopted, as part of getting the vehicle running more efficiently on LPG was to fit (amongst other things) a different air filter, which was supplied by the excellent RPI but which looks suspiciously like a Range Rover Classic air filter.

If you PM me I will get a picture to you over the weekend.