20 is 30

30 is 45

40 is 55

50 is 70

65 is 80

Cheers

Nick

Nick

first, are you running standard or oversize tyres? on that age, it is an electronic sende unit, bolted to the back of the transfer housing, where the cable would usually go. could be that playing up.

All completely standard, would you know of a part number ?

I dont think its the transducer.

Its the kinda thing that either works or doesnt, i've never heard of a faulty transducer simply reading low, they usually give sporadic or jumpy readings or just die all together.

I'd be looking at the speedo drive gear in the transfer box (ie is it correct), or the speedo head itself.

The differences between the actual and indicated speeds are not proportional all the way through so it's not a matter of tyres, gears, diff ratios etc.

Could be a poor/oxidized contact or something like that that gives parasitic signals. Like the mouse I ditched not long ago which double clicked instead of single click on the left button.

nickm, before buying a new sensor try to clean it carefully, maybe you're lucky.

Edit: see http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=43162; Try to test it but you'll need to use a multimeter set on "diode" (audible continuity) - the indication on the display, on either digital or analog instruments, is not fast enough. Maybe you'll hear it 'double clicking'.