Door Hinges

Are All Makes hinges any good or should I stick to genuine LR ones?

Cheers

Steve

I have recently bought both genuine and britpart.

Those from britpart arrived "pre-worn" so to speak. They had something like 20 degrees of play from the factory. That's far more play than the old and worn hinges they were supposed to have replaced.

If you buy genuine, consider the TD5 version even if you have an earlier model, since they rotate on a plastic bush rather than metal against metal.

I have recently bought both genuine and britpart.

Those from britpart arrived "pre-worn" so to speak. They had something like 20 degrees of play from the factory. That's far more play than the old and worn hinges they were supposed to have replaced.

If you buy genuine, consider the TD5 version even if you have an earlier model, since they rotate on a plastic bush rather than metal against metal.

I agree, when we bought a truck last year the guy selling it threw in a set of door hinges from Britpart, when we went to fit them they were worse that the ones on the landrover.

Mine need a refurb too, woillowing the earlier thread

Going to need to take them off and i am guessing that the rusty screws holding them on is not a good sign.

I have been spraying them with plus gas every week for a month and will get stainless ones before attempting.

Cheers

David