Question about bottom door seals on Defenders.

Are the metal strips that cover the bottom door seals on Defenders part of the seal itself? Can they be replaced easily enough (bolt-on job maybe?). I'm referring to the straight sections that go along the edge of the floor and look like a metal strip, covering a rubber seal. The metal has rusted away in places and it looks terrible.

I couldn't see how these are fitted, but I presume they are screwed or bolted in.

Thanks for any advice :)

Oh for God's sake! :blink:

That explains why I couldn't see how they were bolted on!

How stupid having something there that will rust to hell and not have it easily replaceable, whilst nearly everything of the rest of the damned car is like a big Meccano kit.

I'm glad I found this out now, before I have bought the thing. Not sure if that's a good enough reason not to buy it.

I've just put Wolf door bottoms on my 300 and fitted the standard door seals along the bottom. Seals work as well as they did on the old doors - even got the same 'inspection holes' at the front and rear!!