Please help me get this thing running.....

Ben Spray

Can anyone please take a look at my webpage http://www.dementedmonkey.co.uk/ and let me know what bits Im missing in order to get this running (1992 Range Rover SE Auto) and where they go.

Thers so many plugs and wires which arent conencted to anything I cant make any sense of it, why I chose a fully loaded 92 Rangie as the base for my hybrid I will never know :-)

On that note if I was to get fed up with this and rip it all out and stick a Weber 500 on would I have issues as it uses an electronic dash etc as well...?

Cheers

Ben

Suspect looking at that you could benefit from a local forum member coming round to help sort it but we'll see what suggestions you get.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the RR? Might be a starting place, get some highlighters and try and detemrine what is critical and then try to ID and get those in place.

I'm just SO relieved mine only needs one wire.

Good luck

Cheers..

been through the wiring diagrams several times but suspect they may have changed the colour codes on the 92 models as the newest diagram I have is for a 1990 model and the colours just dont seem to tie in with what Im seeing..

oh well I'll have another go tomorrow...

There seems to be so much unneed carp there, elec seats, windows, mirrors etc etc... maybe strip that lot out and things will make a bit more sense..

I'll be taking the gas axe to it soon if I cant get it working :angry:

Cheers

Ben

Am accurate wiring diagram woulld help. There's a good chance someone here can point you to one.

Must admit even on my 90 I've been stripping out the few unneeded wires (HRW, radio,..). It does help reduce confusion.

Cheers..

been through the wiring diagrams several times but suspect they may have changed the colour codes on the 92 models as the newest diagram I have is for a 1990 model and the colours just dont seem to tie in with what Im seeing..

oh well I'll have another go tomorrow...

There seems to be so much unneed carp there, elec seats, windows, mirrors etc etc... maybe strip that lot out and things will make a bit more sense..

I'll be taking the gas axe to it soon if I cant get it working :angry:

Cheers

Ben

No, restrain yourself, haven't had time to look at your web page.

Yes it can be confusing as there were a lot of changes between 90-93, not just connectors, colour codes and including every option under the sun that may not be relevant to your vehicle, EAS, ETC, Diesel (yeuch :ph34r: ) and a few others.

Don't despair, tempt one of the lads in your area around with a few cans of green tea, he may not be an expert but it helps to have someone else to discuss things and do line checks with a meter if needed.

PM me with your email & I will send you a couple of wiring diagrams for that era I have that might help.

Cool thanks..

my email is benspray@hotmail.com be cool if you have some diagrams from around 92 :-)

I was out there with a torch last night and managed to at least get a bit further, problem could be that there was a dead alarm on there which has been cut off but dont know if it would have been immobilising the circuit or anything there were about a dozen wires going to it so may need some re-joining etc??

Cheers

Ben