Freelander off road.

carpenter-dj

In my opinion that vid was not a good advert for a freelanders offroad capabilty, serious amounts of wheel spining that should not of been needed for what was a very gentle off road course! your point has been taken about the freelander being an suv but so are suzuki's and rav4's and both of them would of pi*s~d round that course ;)

In all seriousness the freelander was desighned and built under BMW ownership and thier latest advert about sums up the freelander "it's not what we build it's how we make you feel when your driving it" and that means they have designed a poorley built car, stuck a 4wd system on it as an after thought which has given them the oportunity to wack a land rover badge on so some people really believe they are driving a proper 4wd and can go on adventure's far and beyond!

what ever floats your boat i suppose :o:o

In my opinion that vid was not a good advert for a freelanders offroad capabilty, serious amounts of wheel spining that should not of been needed for what was a very gentle off road course! your point has been taken about the freelander being an suv but so are suzuki's and rav4's and both of them would of pi*s~d round that course ;)

In all seriousness the freelander was desighned and built under BMW ownership and thier latest advert about sums up the freelander "it's not what we build it's how we make you feel when your driving it" and that means they have designed a poorley built car, stuck a 4wd system on it as an after thought which has given them the oportunity to wack a land rover badge on so some people really believe they are driving a proper 4wd and can go on adventure's far and beyond!

what ever floats your boat i suppose :o:o

I'm not sure I can be bothered to get too drawn into this, it's been a long day... but FLR100, firstly if you are going to try to wind people up then do it with some wit or style - and secondly at least try to be close to correct with your 'facts'. If you don't like Freelanders don't get one, or sell the one (or five or whatever it was) you have and go and buy something else. Then go and talk about it somewhere else. Please.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to get too drawn into this, it's been a long day... but FLR100, firstly if you are going to try to wind people up then do it with some wit or style - and secondly at least try to be close to correct with your 'facts'. If you don't like Freelanders don't get one, or sell the one (or five or whatever it was) you have and go and buy something else. Then go and talk about it somewhere else. Please.

Hi matt s, if my "facts" are so incorect then where is your evidence to proof otherwise?

it's a bit of a shame that most of the people replying to my posts just say shut up and go away you don't know what your talking about instead of getting some good photo's and vids to proof otherwise, maybe the truth hurts?

never mind i will go away and leave you all in your make-believe world with no sense of hummor ;)

But your facts aren't correct.

The Freelander wasn't designed by BMW, it was designed by LAND ROVER engineers before the take over. It happens that a BMW engine was fitted in the first remodelling, after the BMW take over.

The Traction Control system works by wheel spin sensing, so that is why you see them doing that. Yes it does go against what you are taught when driving a 90/Disco, etc. But that is the way it is taught by LAND ROVER. I know, they instructed me when I first had one, and I'm now on my second. And just in case you are wondering, the instruction was given through the Factory, at their Eastnor and Solihull sites. So I do know what I am talking about!

For photos of Freelanders off road trying looking at the Freelander Club web site, and MADFreelanders Club.

As I said before, if I needed "extreme" off road capability I would have bought a Disco, but I didn't so bought a Freelander, and in 6 years of regularly off roading them I have only got stuck once, when I slipped into a rut.

I am sure that if you ask Paul Humphreys from CRAG,, or any of the officials from 4x4 Response Wales they will be more than willing to tell you the places I have put mine on Training Weekends with them.

Sorry you are quite right so i have taken a photo to share with you all, it's a pretty good job my daughters quad was available or else i don't know how i would of got up the hill! :P:P:P

I think than that is due to a lack of your driving capability. I've been to other places with my Freelander.

Luckely your daughter knows what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I think than that is due to a lack of your driving capability. I've been to other places with my Freelander.

Luckely your daughter knows what to do.

Roflmao .... that's exactly what I thought when i read it :lol:

Funny to see you've also replied it.

and the second thing ... luckely I can't see that pic of his daughter ... just that tiny boxed red cross :lol: