disco 3.5 efi

boyt

You can't, all you can set is the base idle. The engine management looks after the tick over. get you self a Haynes manual and setting the base idle is explaned in there, it's easy to do.

Also check the adjustment of the accelerator cable and the by-pass air valve at the rear of the plenum chamber may need a clean, again easy stuff and it's all explaned in the manual.

You can't, all you can set is the base idle. The engine management looks after the tick over. get you self a Haynes manual and setting the base idle is explaned in there, it's easy to do.

Also check the adjustment of the accelerator cable and the by-pass air valve at the rear of the plenum chamber, again easy stuff and it's all explaned in the manual.

And WELCOME to the Forum

Also check the adjustment of the accelerator cable and the by-pass air valve at the rear of the plenum chamber, again easy stuff and it's all explaned in the manual.

And WELCOME to the Forum

Thanks TeaBag, will go get one. im a diesel tech for mercedes, so shouldn,t be a prob,

thanks

andy

done some flidding today at work, cleaned the stepper motor, still the same, when checking over the engine i lent on the breather pipe and it went down to 700-800 rpm, so i took the breather out cleaned it checked the pipe work for leaks and blockages. all ok, refitted still the same, had the engine running and pulled the breather off at the inlet mainfold and there was a oily mist coming from the breather, so i thought maybe piston rings, done compression test, all ok. sat down had a think about it, and it came to be so simple, why didnt i think of this before, the flipping air filter was blocked and the engine was sucking air from the engine breather system, sucking an oily mist making it rev higher. new filter, plugs, oil filter and oil and its running lovey, ive put a new body rear cross member in today aswell, just the inner wing to patch up and in for an mot, then she will be on the road,

andy

RESULT!!

Everyone will be picking your brains now.............

more than welcome to pick me brain, lol

also run diagnostic software, for most makes and models, snap on solous pro, vag com and mercedes,

always happy to help.

andy