Replacement rear badge for Freelander 2

jonnymaserati

a while back someone took a key to my freelander 2's rear and removed the oval land rover badge on the left hand side of the rear door... so i'm looking for a replacement.

anyone know where i can get one at a decent price... i've been quoted 35 quid plus vat which seems a bit steep?

it's difficult to find parts online for the freelander 2, but i can't believe the badge is unique to this model? anyone know if the badge from say the disco 3 for example will fit?

i've attached a pic of the car climbing up the mountain tracks near damascus, syria... impressed with the traction but the articulation isn't great since the lack of it limits ground clearance somewhat. on the road it's quite nimble though as a result!

regards... jonny

post-10501-1246280667_thumb.jpg

a while back someone took a key to my freelander 2's rear and removed the oval land rover badge on the left hand side of the rear door... so i'm looking for a replacement.

anyone know where i can get one at a decent price... i've been quoted 35 quid plus vat which seems a bit steep?

it's difficult to find parts online for the freelander 2, but i can't believe the badge is unique to this model? anyone know if the badge from say the disco 3 for example will fit?

i've attached a pic of the car climbing up the mountain tracks near damascus, syria... impressed with the traction but the articulation isn't great since the lack of it limits ground clearance somewhat. on the road it's quite nimble though as a result!

regards... jonny

Sadly an LR3 badge will not fit bang on as for some stupid reason land rover gave the freelander 2 an oversized front and rear badge. The defender,ranger rover,range rover sport, td5 disco and mark 1 freelander all had the same dimentions of the green oval badge. However if you decide to fit one of these smaller ones the oval recess will not be fully filled if you get what i mean?? If your freelander 2 is still under warranty just take it to your local dealer as it will be covered and tell them that you noticed it was missing when you washed the car hope this help you!!!

hi there

thanks for the response... what an amazing waste of money from land rover! that probably explains why the badge is so expensive... 35 quid for a bit of plastic.

thanks for the info... at least i know when i'm forking out the cash that there's no other proper solution and that i'm justified in breaking the little person I'm not that keen on's arm if i catch 'em knicking it ;)

regards... jonny

hi there

thanks for the response... what an amazing waste of money from land rover! that probably explains why the badge is so expensive... 35 quid for a bit of plastic.

thanks for the info... at least i know when i'm forking out the cash that there's no other proper solution and that i'm justified in breaking the little person I'm not that keen on's arm if i catch 'em knicking it ;)

regards... jonny

No probs mate :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know you think it's just a piece of plastic. But think about what that piece of plastic represents. It's one of the worlds most recogniseable brands, the Green Oval. It's up there with Coca Cola, Intel, Apple, etc. The badge has heritage, it says quality, it says go anywhere, it has corporate identity and it has copyright. And being a genuine part it has the right fit, too. So for all that, 35 quid + VAT is a small price to pay for the Green Oval and wear with pride...

Hey guys, I know you think it's just a piece of plastic. But think about what that piece of plastic represents. It's one of the worlds most recogniseable brands, the Green Oval. It's up there with Coca Cola, Intel, Apple, etc. The badge has heritage, it says quality, it says go anywhere, it has corporate identity and it has copyright. And being a genuine part it has the right fit, too. So for all that, 35 quid + VAT is a small price to pay for the Green Oval and wear with pride...

Thats very true i love the green oval, hows Land Rover doing in Aus World I know yous love your Land Cruiser but i'm not a big fAN OF THEM