Insa Turbo Special Tracks

Brookers

I have just upgraded from 265/75/16 to 285/75/16 Insa Turbo Special Tracks on my RR Classic. I have posted this in the international forum rather than the RR one as I thought some of the following information would be usefull for everyone but mods feel free to move it if you wish.

All measuments have been taken from new tyres (I never used my spare)

Overall height 265 = A smidge over 32". 285 = A smidge over 33.5"

Overall Width 265 = 9,3/4". 285 = 11,1/4"

Tread Depth 265 = 18mm. 285 = 21mm

Diff clearance is 10.5" on the 285's

post-4857-1247424440_thumb.jpg

Brookers

I am sure the purists will want to know rim width and inflation pressure! :P :P

Out of interest, how much clearance have you got to your fuel filler pipe?

Hi Bish,

All tyres at 30 psi at the mo. 265's are on 7x16 rims 285's are on 8x16 rims.

265's balanced with traditional wheel weights, 285's have 200 grams of balancing beads in each tyre. will let you know how I get on with these once i've driven it.

In all the pictures there are a set of QT 1" wheel spacers fitted. I will have to adjust the steering stops as the treads are just catching the QT radius arms :angry:

Clearance from the fuel filler pipe is 3.5". I don't know what this will mean when the axle articulates but will find out next weekend :rolleyes:

I will have move the plastic arches up the body a little more, probably to the swage line and do a little more trimming. I'm determined not to lift the body to get these things to fit.

Height to bottom of the doors is 22.5"

Next plan is to rebuild the 24 spline axles with ARB's and 4.75/1 ration crown wheels and pinions. 285's have raised my gearing 20.26% and the 4.75/1 C&P will drop me back 24.7% so I will drop the gearing 4% below standard and if that dosn't give me enougth engine braking I can always use the brake :ph34r: If you have never used this style of tyre tread you will be in for surprise.

Last pic

post-4857-1247426059_thumb.jpg

HTH anyone thinking of using these tyres.

Brookers

You might want to compress your piccies before you upload them though - Bogmonster is going to have a fit! :D :D :D :D

A sound suggestion but I must take issue with the second part. If it was in Bogmonster's forum he would have just deleted the pictures and remained chilled ;)

I didn't realise they did them in larger sizes now, looks good, but I think I'll still stick with the Mudzillas, though I'm tempted :)