Clutch

Having replaced slave cylinder,and getting slave cylinder rod reconnected to the clutch arm, bled system, and now clutch feels very hard to push down, I now think that the arm has come adrift inside clutch housing, So whats easier engine out or gearbox dropped, Whats involved in dropping gearbox out? I need this vehicle for a overland trip in 3 weeks time. Or do i take it somewhere for them to do,

How much would it likly to cost for a garage to fit the clutch.

It's almost impossible for the fork to come off the ball with the gearbox bolted to the engine - the fork on the thrust bearing and the need for the fork to have to be drawn outwards about an inch - would make that highly unlikely to happen.

I would suggest that if the fork had come off the ball, you wouldn't be able you operate the clutch at all.

Les.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my clutch,

In my attempt at getting the slave cylinder rod back onto the clutch fork

The Clutch fork had pulled the pivot point arm out of the gearbox housing,

Is this normal for the pivot point arm on a 300tdi defender to only be a push fit into a hole.

After dropping box out and repair/replace all seems ok