Drum Brakes

minivin

Well, I'm quite impressed today, after all the moaning I have heard about Paddocks drum brake shoes being pants, I managed to lock the brakes twice today trying them out at 30mph, they seem to have bedded in quite nicely :) now the question is now, do they fade....... not found out yet

However that aint stopping me converting them to at least discs on the front to make it a bit more practical to maintain (instead of carrying a 3/8UNC bolt to extract the drum).

clean underpants?

what do you want to carry a extract bolt for? wear them down to metal like me much more fun !! leaves more room in the truck for useful things like food too! and much more fun trying keeping to your side of the road at junctions!! LOL!

Jon dropped your rad off at our place, any chance when you come to collect that you can bring your multi metre?

cheers

Mike.

P.S. any luck with that handbrake lever?

clean underpants?

what do you want to carry a extract bolt for? wear them down to metal like me much more fun !! leaves more room in the truck for useful things like food too! and much more fun trying keeping to your side of the road at junctions!! LOL!

Jon dropped your rad off at our place, any chance when you come to collect that you can bring your multi metre?

cheers

Mike.

P.S. any luck with that handbrake lever?

I know I know, want everything ;):lol:

Is a multi metre a bit like a length of inches but metric??? :P

Gonna give the bloke a shout this morning, he failed on the starter motor (sourced elsewhere) so hopefully he's sourced the lever.

3/8 UNC bolt???????

I've NEVER had to use a bolt to remove the drums! You're supposed to back the shoes off before you try to remove them!!

Once they're backed off undo the screw and simply pull off by hand.........

Paddocks shoes are plop but they're reasonably priced. I used to go through a set in about 250 miles.....

Jon

3/8 UNC bolt???????

I've NEVER had to use a bolt to remove the drums! You're supposed to back the shoes off before you try to remove them!!

Once they're backed off undo the screw and simply pull off by hand.........

Paddocks shoes are plop but they're reasonably priced. I used to go through a set in about 250 miles.....

Jon

Got a problem with a "slack fit" Jon? :lol: even with the shoe adjusters brought back to their stops three out of four of my drums are a pull-remove on mine, very snug fit

Got a problem with a "slack fit" Jon? :lol: even with the shoe adjusters brought back to their stops three out of four of my drums are a pull-remove on mine, very snug fit

u sure thats not the reason u can only go 50mph then?

brakes dragging?

u sure thats not the reason u can only go 50mph then?

brakes dragging?

the drums are a snug fit onto the hubs, but the wheels free-wheel when I get them off the road (jacked-up, not over a hump back bridge :) )

Mikes after a handbrake lever assembly and the first linking rod for a Series III

OK, can't help, sorry. I have defender one in the garage, and wondered if you needed it for some kind of cable conversion...

Nevermind :D

Mark