Double shocks in te rear

SeriousIIa

I would like to fit an extra set of shocks to the rear of my 110 that's being just for trips to marocco.

I would like to fit them in a V configuration (1 front and 1 rear of the axle because the brackets are already there so are the holes in the chassis. But do I need longer shocks at the rear of the axle then at the front? This because the axle moves forward when it extended.

I;m asking because with a 2 inch lift and extended bumpstops standard OME's can handle the length of the suspension stroke exactly and so maybe will be a bit short at the back?

I would like to fit an extra set of shocks to the rear of my 110 that's being just for trips to marocco.

My 110 was fine in Morocco with standard shocks. You can get HD ones if you feel you need them but I was fine without. Of course, if you are planning Dakar style endurance racing then perhaps twin shocks are needed, but as a tourist standard should be fine.

Chris

My 110 was fine in Morocco with standard shocks. You can get HD ones if you feel you need them but I was fine without. Of course, if you are planning Dakar style endurance racing then perhaps twin shocks are needed, but as a tourist standard should be fine.

Nice to see you at the weekend, if only to wave. :)

Chris

Nice to see you at the weekend, if only to wave. :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

I should have stopped at the X Eng stand, you were standing there weren't you? Next time, probably Peterborough I will come and drop off/drink some beers!

I know what you're meaning with the not really needed double shocks. I went to Dakar in charity style last year. But because my 110 is 3,5 tons and I have a driving style with a heavy right food double shocks can be handy. So that's the reason I'm checking.

Bowy

I run that configuration on mine, same length shocks are fine, if you think the geometry needs it just use lowered top mounts.

As well as offering better performance, doubling up shocks gives better shock life as they run cooler (do less work) and if one does fail you still have one left to keep you going.