bumper bolts

I was planing on removing the bumper a bar from my 90 and changing it to a new bumper, when I got a socket on the bolts a while back it felt like one of the bolts sheared,are they just standard m10 bolts or should I source proper landrover ones,cheers del

bolts are/need to be minimum of 8.8 HT

Why???????????

To hold on a LR bumper?????????? A stick of liquorice would do!! :P

Now a winch bumper maybe....... ;)

Having said that, I would go for genuine just for the nice pointy end they have for locating the bolt in the captive nut.

Why???????????

To hold on a LR bumper?????????? A stick of liquorice would do!! :P

Now a winch bumper maybe....... ;)

Having said that, I would go for genuine just for the nice pointy end they have for locating the bolt in the captive nut.

cos the bolts are marked like that from new.

cos the bolts are marked like that from new.

I just got standard high tensile bolts M10x130 IIRC and turned a nice pointy end on the bench grinder. Funnily enough I've just thrown some in the scrap bin five minutes ago, (found them whilst looking for something else) they were old ones which were in place when a mate crashed my 110 4 years ago. Although they are now shaped like a banana they withstood the impact. The bumper and A-Bar were crushed like they were made of tin foil!