Clutch plate & Covers 130 heavy duty or not???

Hi Chaps.

I'm hoping someone on here can help.

The clutch in my 200tdi needs changing, so looking around here for advice it seems that the preferred option for a Heavy duty option is to fit a 130 plate and cover.

I therefore ordered:

FTC1994 - clutch plate for 130

URB100760 - - clutch cover for 130.

Well its turned up today, the clutch cover is OK, thats what I ordered. The clutch however although the paperwork shows FTC1994 whats turned up has the following:

Valeo UQB500030G on the box.

FTC4204 printed onto the clutch.

The other confusing thing is I was led to believe that the 130 clutch has 8 springs. This has only 4.

Basically, have I got the right thing?

Many thanks.

Rich.

Measure it to be sure, but it does sound wrong.

normal one is 235mm, 130 is 242mm

I'm sure i read somewhere that the "normal" one had been superceded by the 130 disk, so ordering a TDi clutch from landrover will get you a 130 item by default

in all the 4 cyl diesel landrover 90 and defenders they use same release bearing and clutch cover , LT77 or R380 GEARBOX , 90/110/130 inch bodies ...

only the clutch centre plate is different between the normal 90/110 and 130inch landrover .

i have just fitted last week a 130 valeo clutch centre plate and a britpart cover into my 300tdi 90 with an R380 box .

the britpart cover plate seems to give me a lighter pedal than previously , so i am inclined to say use a britpart cover plate and a 130 centre plate .

the britpart "extreme duty" clutch kit as sold at paddocks for £43 + vat has an 8 spring centre plate in it because i bought one last week , although i didnt use the centre pate because i bought also a 130 centre plate which is slightly larger diameter .

the 130 plate fills the cover plate whereas the smaller diameter 90/110 plate leaves about 5mm of the cover plate face showing all way round .

you should also change youre pivot arm , slipper pads and clip at same time, for heavy duty one preferrably [ welded plate on back of it ] .

make an aligment tool using a length of 1" dia alloy or steel bar , and turn it down in a lathe to suit etc .