poorly headlights

i noticed a few days ago that our spotlights in the a-bar weren't working, and shortly after discovered the high beam was a bit iffy, the sidelights and dipped beam are fine but when i put high beam on, the passenger-side light goes off.

i know the spots are wired up to work when the high beam is on so no doubt thats connected.

this has just cost me 15 quid for new bulbs! (at least i have spares now!) and i've checked the fuses... can anyone help please?

I'll check them in the morning now, it seems to have gone from dusky to pitch black in the past five minutes! so where can i find the main beam splicing? is there a common area for it?

Mine has been horrendously spliced in just under the off-side wing.

That said, it works and until it stops working I'm not bothered enough to fix it.

Bad/cracked ground does sound like a likely suspect. I'm bi-wiring everything in the new harness back to a common ground to try to eliminate these kind of problems along with other things like RF from ground loops etc. What a mess.