Fuel Pressure Gauge

ajh

Is there a good way to tap a fuel pressure gauge into the high-pressure portion of the 200TDI distribution pump? Adding one to the low pressure side is easy enough. I keep seeing low-fuel-pressure as a possible cause for performance issues so want to proactively fit some gauges to be able to see if one of the pumps starts to die.

on the fuel lift pipe side you'll need a gauge that is able to read 42 to 55 Kpa

on the injection pump peak operating pressure is 650 bar

the injectors are 2 stage type & work at

stage 1 opening/working/initial opening pressure of 200 bar

stage 2 working pressure of 280 bar

so some big numbers & very high pressures, don't think I would like a gauge running at those pressures within the cab.

If mechanical they need to be engine bay mounted but autometer has a line of electronic sender fuel pressure gauges now that while expensive are fine for dash mounting. One is 0-15psi the other 0-100psi (posting from phone so not sure the metric equiv) we typically use kph, celcius and psi here for some odd reason.

What I am more wondering is if there is a port on the distribution pump to fit the sender reasonably or would. Need to tee off one of the injector lines.

If mechanical they need to be engine bay mounted but autometer has a line of electronic sender fuel pressure gauges now that while expensive are fine for dash mounting. One is 0-15psi the other 0-100psi (posting from phone so not sure the metric equiv) we typically use kph, celcius and psi here for some odd reason.

What I am more wondering is if there is a port on the distribution pump to fit the sender reasonably or would. Need to tee off one of the injector lines.

could possibly fit an adaptor to one of the pump banjo bolts & T the gauge from that.