Chassis Numbering

Hey All,

I'm looking to replace my rear door and have become a little confused by chassis numbers.

Paddocks have two (different?) rear doors, stating that one for up to chassis AA270226 and the other from chassis AA242000 to 1A622423. This seems to have a degree of overlap and I'm not aware of any difference in the rear door over the years and was wondering if I need to be concerned about getting the right version for my Land Rover.

I've always assumed that the numbering system was AAxxxxxx, ABxxxxxx ---> ZZxxxxxx so where does 1Axxxxxx come into it?

If it helps my chassis number is WA156562.

Thanks,

Gavin

from chassis AA242000 to 1A622423

go for the door that is within this VIN range, minor changes were made to rear screen wash jet location & water tank was removed from door to feed from front washer tank in engine bay.

LR used the 1A VIN range after the previous letter range ceased on changes to Td5 & later models

I think its in the tech archive but the majority of vehicles worldwide (CKD and NAS are different) run as follows:-

HA 1991

JA 1992

KA 1993

LA 94

MA 95

TA 96 (no I don't know who they learned the alphabet from)

VA 97

WA 98

XA 99

YA 2000

1A 2001

to 9A 2009

and 2010MY is now back to being AA again so that will F up the parts catalogues :)