crash damaged Defender

FYI i had a mahindra where the wiring loom burnt out. it was insured for £1200 and to fit a new one cost more than half the value so they wanted to scrap it.

i asked for a full pay out.

basically when the salvage guy turned up he said before i load it on teh lorry " give me £100 and you can keep it" - guess what i did.

do push your insurance company hard - as white 90 said go to the top - when ever im speaking to these companies - i start by saying im not repeating myself over and over again i want to speak to your manager - and say that 2-3 times at least.

FYI i had a mahindra where the wiring loom burnt out. it was insured for £1200 and to fit a new one cost more than half the value so they wanted to scrap it.

i asked for a full pay out.

basically when the salvage guy turned up he said before i load it on teh lorry " give me £100 and you can keep it" - guess what i did.

do push your insurance company hard - as white 90 said go to the top - when ever im speaking to these companies - i start by saying im not repeating myself over and over again i want to speak to your manager - and say that 2-3 times at least.

Hi,

Thank you for your thoughts and recommendations.

I have made all those phone calls, letters etc. That’s how I got to them accepting to pay out on the 60% market value estimate. I am getting a bit worried that this posting may start to bore everyone as I think this insurance topic has been well covered now, so maybe we should really move on.

I shall update when I get a payout, but for now I shall just continue to post topics on the rebuild issues of my 90.

Thanks to all for the advice, Steve.

If you are replacing the rear cross member just waxoyl front for now. A fresh waxoyl will make it a pain for anyone cutting out old cross member and welding in new one. So better to wait and waxoyl rear when rear cross member is replaced.

Steve

Good point Steve.

Thanks.