Winch Motor measurement?

Warthog

Possibly, though I still read it as how far the splined shaft sticks out of the motor. The over all length of the motor can vary a fair bit from what I've seen for the different makes mentuioned above, though the ammount of shaft sticking into a winch should be fairly consistent. I will take a few more measurements of the EP motor (which I'm told are roughly the same as the common bowmotors) just in case.

Got 3 different motors in varying states of knackerd-ness... All the splined shafts measure approx 50mm.

Casings measure:

Bowmotor... 180mm

Iskra... 177mm

ComeUpDV9000 motor... 170mm (still fitted to winch, so could be a few mm out :unsure: )

Hope this helps

Dan :)

Finally got round to this while having a coffee, don't you just love work.

The bulk of the EP9 motor is 164mm long and 114mm diameter.

The overal length (without splines) is 176mm and the end diameter reduces to 44mm with the bracing tabs protruding.

IMG_1725r.jpg

On some instalations this reduction in diameter may not make and difference, but if you try and locate an EP9 between chassis rails this can provide the vital room for bolt heads.

Intresting that the Bowmotor measures 4mm longer.

Dan, IIRC the Bowmotor has a reduced diameter on the end like the EP9 motor. Could you please measure the length without the reduced diameter. I was planning to upgrade the motor but a few mm is the difference between it fitting and not fitting.

Dan, IIRC the Bowmotor has a reduced diameter on the end like the EP9 motor. Could you please measure the length without the reduced diameter. I was planning to upgrade the motor but a few mm is the difference between it fitting and not fitting.

Hi Chris,

Ok.. some slightly more accurate measurements for you...

The Iskra had a flat back, body measures 177mm.

The back end of the Bowmotor has a sticky-outy bit that looks the same as your EP9 motor, except there is a domed head in the middle. Total protrusion of the head and sticky-outy bit is 13mm, motor body without protrusion is 163mm, which means that my bowmotor has shrunk since sunday!!! :o:D Diameter of sticky-outy bit is 72mm.

Dan :)