Coolant

landrover598

Trouble is, windscreen washer pumps are not continuously rated, so you might burn them out pretty quick!! Have a look at Warco, www.warco.co.uk, they have coolant pumps, item no. 4218. They dont seem to list soluble cutting oil though - I'll have to have a think on that one, i know you can buy it - GLR Distributors might have it in Daventry (They do mail order)

Google for "cromwell tools" or "MSC J&L" - they have online catalogues with all sorts of coolants in.

There are usually quite a few pumps on ebay - search for coolant pump or suds pump. You'll need to make a trough for it to run off into with a grill to catch the worst of the swarf before it goes in.

Cheers, Al.

How much cutting are you planning on doing and how valuable is the saw?

Waste engine oil and a piece of bent pipe as a ladle is all the old power hacksaw gets at home, it is crude but give that its not used very often, it has has done the job for a very long time. If we did a lot more or had a more valuable saw then proper suds would be justified.

Waste oil isn't going to be a lot of good, I used pukka[read expensive] synthetic

neat oil from a place with screw cutting machines on my saw. It was carp, the metal came off very hot and

the saw blades didn't last a long time. I use Hysol or Cooledge and it's great, they are soluble oils.

None of my stuff came with pumps, there must be loads of pumps somewhere, I tried a rangey screen pump and it

worked but not for long[it did last a lot longer than a normal car screen pump]. I use an old holley fuel pump

works great, you can use an old bulb or ballast resistor to slow it down. I was going to try an old lift pump

on my saw, I am sure it would be possible to find a reciprocating bit to pump it.

If you want to buy a litre of soluble oil I just bought 25 litres and would happily sell a litre.