Pre MOT Problems

Hi.. My Defenders got its MOT at 9am tomorrow..

Just gone round checking bulbs and changed the duff ones. Although one of my reversing lights has ceased to work. (I have the TD5 style fog and reverse lights as show in the added picture)

I have a Passenger side FOG and Reverse light, I also have a Drivers side foglamp (The legally needed one).

However my drivers side Reverse light needs a new bulb holder!, And as I migh tnot be able to fix it in time I wondered if I could get round this?.

As far as I know if lights are fitted they must work. I know TD5's and Pumas have their reverse light on the Passenger side (UK). As a kind of "Bodge" if I covered the nackered drivers side reverse light with Duct tape. Or took the unit out and gave it a few coats of black gloss (Easily wipes off with thinners) will I fail the MOT?. Its a bodge I know but I dont have the time to fix it!

Photo attatched, as said its my Drivers side Reverse light which I am wanting to black out, Will I be okay doing this? As I would still have a passenger side revsring light?.

Thanks for the speedy replies!!!. I will get my dad to look it over for me (I hate electrics) So would I be fine simply taping over the lights lense?

My 90 is from 1988 if it makes a difference.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww286/E85LDU/P1150557Large.jpg

I fear that, if fitted , they have to work, but there is spirited discussion on the MOT forums Linky but there is nothing (I can find) in the MOT tester's book.