1" allen key bar ?

zim

Gents,

At work we used to have quite a few 1" allen keys, which have slowly been cut down to short stumpy's and welded into bolts in order to remove them.

Thus we're running out quickly !

I've been looking with our storeman, but none of the companies we deal with seem to stock them ? Can find 24mm and 22mm from Gedore and Proto don't have any other big ones.

Ideally i'd like a source for lengths of Hex bar, which we can then cut to length for use with impact drivers / welding in.

The main use for them is to bolting two pump parts together with 8 bolts and then tighten to 1,800 lb.ft then left for years being heated, cooled, wet, dry...rusting away - then management wonder why we break tools stripping them LOL

Price is not an issue.

Cheers

Gordon

1 inch keys (sit down first): Linky - yes that's a 14" Allen key :blink:

I can find 36" lenghts of stainless 1" AF hex, but I guess you might count as an unusual post code: Eblag linky

cheers....now to get our storeman to find a supplier to get some off!

don't worry about the price LOL when you see some of the basic stuff we buy which cost stupid amounts just because it's for "offshore use" !

G