Bow motor vs champion 6.5 for 8274

chappers

What do you think would be a better option as they are both around the same price and I don't really want to stretch to an xp unless they are like a million times better just wanted to know if any one uses the champion motor cheers Sam

As Tony suggests, the new Bowmotor is the one to wait for, about 20mm longer than standard but faster and more powerful. I believe it will be on general release by the end of the month.

As Tony suggests, the new Bowmotor is the one to wait for, about 20mm longer than standard but faster and more powerful. I believe it will be on general release by the end of the month.

alot of people use Bows when over volting as they will take it, better than an XP too. i havent heard of much use of Champion motors at competition level. i run a Bowmotor on an 8274 its much slower than an XP but it doesnt slow as much under load (or so it seems)

There are i believe Bowmotor 2s on the way with some due in in the next 8 weeks or so 6.8Hp version of the Bow1 12 or 24V.

• 1 year later...

It has been a while now.... What are peoples experiences on the champions? I currently have a Bow2 (about 6 events / 12 months old) and am about to put a twin top motor housing on so need another motor. Am not sure whether to go for 2 brand new matched Champions or buy another Bow2 (can't afford 2 new Bow 2's). What are peoples experiences of the champion in terms of speed, reliability, overvolting etc? Any guidance would be great.

If there is another more recent thread about this issue and someone could direct me, that would be great, I could not find it.

Regards

Sharpie