disco/defender turbo

gaz0203

ive got a disco which has reached the end of its life, i cant afford 2 buy a tidy defender as id like so im looking at buying a older 90 and then putting the engine, suspension axles etc on 2 it. what i nned 2 know is that i hate disco engine conversions as they look so untidy, is there any way around the turbo arrangement?? i have a 2.5 td engine 2 hand, would the inlet/ exhaust manifolds fit onto the 200 with the disco turbo 2 make it more like a defender? if not which is the best way around 2 make it look as authentic as possible? cheers

If you use a defender 300TDi gearbox, with a defender 300tdi crossmember, the engine will sit forward in the normal 300tdi position, which will give you plenty room to fit everything in. The standard disco downpipe should fit, and the intercooler and radiator pipework should be much simpler.

If your interested, i have a powdercoated 300tdi crossmember in the garage that i have no use for.